Our mission is to undertake programs and projects that improve the quality of life for our area. By seeking a positive business climate conducive to growth of our private enterprise system, raising per capita income and providing strong financial, physical and human resources, we create a better life for all our citizens.
The Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce is . . .
- The voice of the business community in local, county and state issues, representing the business community in problem solving, promoting economic development, raising the per capita income and providing strong financial resources to create a better life for all citizens.
- Nearly 700 businesses and professionals working together to make Oxford and Lafayette County a better place to live.
- A clearinghouse for plans and proposals affecting Oxford’s future.
- Committees hard at work meeting the city’s and county’s needs.
- Setting and achieving goals that will ensure Oxford and Lafayette County of reaching its full potential as a community.
- Listing in the annual community guide and membership directory distributed to 6,000 members, businesses, hotel guests, visitors and newcomers annually.
- Exclusive inclusion in the Directory of Businesses on the chamber website, www.oxfordms.com. This is the No. 1 most visited section of our website.
- Referrals: The Chamber fields over 47,000 business information requests per year, and refers Chamber members ONLY.
- Ribbon cutting and grand opening ceremonies for new or relocated Chamber businesses. Two weeks’ notice for scheduling is requested.
- Banner advertising opportunities on Chamber website, exclusively for members.
- Web listing enhancement opportunities to make your more searchable on the web.
- Opportunity to post “Hot Deals” for other members, promoting specials or coupons, on Chamber website.
- Opportunity to be featured in weekly e-newsletter as “Business Spotlight” once per year.
- Post and view job postings on the Chamber website.
- Opportunity to post your events on Community Calendar.
- Get social with us! Request that the Chamber “like” or “follow” member business pages and “share” or “retweet” relevant posts and deals through the Shop Oxford Facebook page or OxfordMSChamber on Twitter and Instagram.
- Inclusion of a member’s full-page ad, brochure or coupon in Oxford “Newcomer Packets” distributed to new residents and visitors for only $75 per year. Over 1,400 distributed annually via web and mail.
- High-traffic space in the Chamber office to display business cards and/or promotional brochures.
- Opportunities to gain high visibility through sponsorship of various Chamber events such as Chamber After Hours, Annual Meeting, Double Decker Spring Run, Annual 4th of July Celebration, Christmas party, Annual Red Carpet Gala, etc.
- Participate in our Shop Oxford campaign, which is a series of promotions, designed to promote shopping local and attract new shoppers to the large variety of merchants, restaurants and professional services Oxford has to offer.
- Participate in Chamber After Hours, which is a monthly networking social where new Chamber members are introduced and local businesses are given a chance to be host to the members. Hosting opportunities are exclusively for Chamber members.
- Opportunity to participate in or host an event for Young Professionals of Oxford, Oxford and Lafayette County’s most influential networking organization for young, up-and-coming professionals. Activities include monthly socials, lunch and learn seminars, and an annual philanthropy project.
- Participate in the LOU Ambassador program. The program offers members an opportunity to represent their business while networking at Chamber functions and events, simultaneously increasing business’ visibility and exposure in the community. LOU Chamber Ambassadors are the official representatives of the Chamber and are expected to participate in events as well as maintain communication between their assigned group of members and the Chamber.
- Invitation to annual Eggs and Issues Breakfast, which features a report to our community by our Lafayette County Senate and House of Representatives delegation.
- Lunch and Learn Seminars, giving members an opportunity to attend or host various continuing education seminars.
- Opportunity to participate in one of several committees that work to support our business community and enhance our quality of life.
- Opportunity to participate in leadership training programs for professionals and youth: Leadership Lafayette and Junior Leadership.
- Entrepreneurial Development workshops and guest speakers of interest to growing and developing entrepreneurs.
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting Luncheon for the membership, highlighting the year in review and presenting special community awards.
- Invitation to the Annual Red Carpet Gala in May each year.
- Participate in and be a part of special events in the LOU community, such as the Double Decker Spring Run and the LOU 4th of July Community Celebration.
- •Weekly “LOU View” e-Newsletter to the Chamber membership announcing community events and happenings, plus upcoming Chamber events, networking opportunities and new members.
- Ten percent off your purchases and reduced copy rates at Office Depot (with exclusive Chamber Members Only discount card).
- Participate in and learn more about membership benefits through quarterly Chamber 101 Luncheons.
- Use of the Chamber meeting room up to four times a year free of charge ($25 if food is served).
- List of fellow Chamber members on mailing labels for $20 or as Excel document for $10.
- Listing of newcomer requests for the area.
- Resource materials including a city/county area map, demographic information, area phone books, business/industry lists, SBA publications, etc.
- Membership in the Chamber is 100 percent tax deductible.