The La Cañada Flintridge Chamber of Commerce and Community Association (the Chamber) was founded over a century ago as a community association, intended to bring people together, develop personal relationships and create community for residents and businesses of La Cañada, Flintridge and environs.
Although it eventually evolved into a more business-oriented organization, it has always cherished and nurtured its roots as a community association. While its many counterparts around the nation have become solely business-focused, our Chamber has remained unique in its steadfast goal of creating community. Obviously business and economic development is, by necessity, a major focus, but the Chamber’s residential members are tremendously important in maintaining a vibrant organization. In this regard we shall redouble our efforts in recruiting, and providing benefits to, our residential members.
During the intervening 105 years that have elapsed since the Chamber’s founding, society has changed, and community and business organizations have had to evolve as well. Over the past century, many focused public service organizations have become well established in our community. Whether it’s the Assistance League of Flintridge, Kiwanis, Descanso Gardens Guild, Community Center of LCF, La Cañada Flintridge Tournament of Roses Assoc., the Trails Council, La Cañada Sister Cities Association, LCF Educational Foundation, Community Scholarship Foundation of LCF, La Cañada Junior Women’s Club, the YMCA, the Boy Scouts, the Girl Scouts and others I may have missed, all are dedicated to spreading kindness and making lives better.
While I serve as your chairman, the Chamber will work diligently to build bridges and forge bonds with our sister community service organizations, foundations and charities, and will find ways in which we can support one another while we support our community.
My goals for our Chamber during
2018 are to…
- Partner with the city and businesses to create an atmosphere fostering greater economic development.
- Provide a welcoming and fun environment wherein businesses and residents can meet and enjoy time together while getting better acquainted.
- Create a program of events and other benefits which bring value to businesses (large and home-based alike) as well as to residential members.
- Create lasting bonds between the Chamber and other community service organizations through which we can support the missions of all.
- Make our community, which encompasses La Cañada Flintridge and its environs, even better places in which to live.
Chairman of the Board of Directors
La Cañada Flintridge Chamber of Commerce
and Community Association