A welcoming community offering a quality life with small-town values at a relaxed pace, Marshalltown is an ideal place to raise a family. The friendly neighborhoods with tree-lined streets have a natural charm that welcomes families of all sizes and stages.
Family-friendly recreation opportunities and events abound, including:
- The MEGA-10 Park, which offers:
– The Children’s Discovery Garden.
– An irresistible playground complete with gravity rail zip-line.
- Nature playscape at GrimesFarm Conservation Center, touting the latest in back-to-nature interactive play opportunities.
- Family Aquatic Center.
- Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA, a state-of-the-art facility.
- Oktemberfest, dubbed “Iowa’s BEST Family Fall Festival.”
- Holiday Stroll.
- Marshalltown High School and Marshalltown Community College sporting events.
For more “something for everyone” opportunities, visit www.marshalltown.org/events.
Population (2017 estimate) 27,328
Median Age (2010) 40.5 years
Total number of households (2015) 10,029
Average household size (2015) 2.5
Median household income (2015 $45,696
Owner-occupied housing units (2010) 7,183
Renter-occupied housing units (2010) 2,676
Vacant units (2010) 967
Total housing units (2010) 10,827
Median housing value (2010) $68,852
Educational attainment Age 25+ (2010)
Associate degree 9.9%
Bachelor’s degree 12.8%
Graduate or professional degree 7.2%
Sources: Quick Facts about Marshalltown in the “Welcome to Marshalltown. Welcome Home” publication, Marshall Economic Development web page https://www.marshalltown.org/build/economic-data/