The Lindsay Santa Fe Depot at 107 N. Main St. in Lindsay was constructed in 1903. Its current location was at one time the property of Lewis Lindsay, who donated the fertile Washita Valley agricultural region acreage to the Santa Fe Railroad Company.
When the Santa Fe started laying tracks west from Pauls Valley, the Rock Island Railroad Company started laying east toward Lindsay, where the two lines met. In 1942, the Rock Island tracks were removed.
This depot was established to provide connections with the rich, fertile areas of present-day Pauls Valley, Chickasha and other surrounding areas for shipping goods such as broomcorn, cotton and agriculture products to various markets in Oklahoma.
The Lindsay Depot handled freight and passenger service. The depot retained its role as a shipping/receiving center until its closing in 1985.
The Lindsay Santa Fe Railroad Depot is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as one of the two oldest Santa Fe Depots in South-Central Oklahoma. It is one of the best two remaining examples of vernacular architecture as applied to railroad stations in the early 1900s.