What’s new in Marshalltown? A lot! A number of exciting projects have either recently been completed or are on track to do so. Many are brand-new; others are nothing short of remarkable make-overs. We invite you to explore the fresh places and spaces in our burgeoning community.
- City of Marshalltown new Police & Fire Headquarters: December 2018.
- Marshalltown Public Library: LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified to the Gold level, this was the first LEED-certified library in Iowa.
- Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum: An historic, multi-use building, dedicated to honor all Veterans, and currently the center of attention for renovation efforts.
- UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown Medical Park: Opened in 2015, this state-of-the-art facility conveniently offers outpatient care plus preventive and rehabilitation services all in one location.
- Leonard Grimes Memorial Amphitheater: Located at the GrimesFarm Conservation Center and opened in 2018, this outdoor venue offers three levels of quarried limestone seating surrounding a raised stage with cedar pergola, fire pit, lighting and public address system.
- Gallery Garden: The only project of its kind in Iowa, this privately owned, urban-style green space is open to the public and features paintings, sculpture, thousands of plants, the soothing sound of a fountain and cutting-edge rain harvesting technologies. (Also see page 9.)
- MEGA-10 Park: Popular with even the older kids (aka adults!) this park boasts a gravity rail zip-line (go ahead and try it!) and colorful Children’s Discovery Garden supported by the Iowa Valley Leadership Class of 2017.
- Iowa River Trail: Currently under development, this 34-mile trail is set in the beautiful countryside of the Iowa River. Perfect for runners, hikers and bikers, the trail is also open to snowmobilers.
- Marshalltown Generating Station: In 2017, Alliant Energy completed construction of this state-of-the-art, award-winning facility that supplies clean energy to Marshalltown and Central Iowa.