Mission Statement – The Chamber is the platform for business to provide leadership, education and advocacy so that the Long Beach area thrives in the 21st century.
Vision Statement – The Chamber will be the acknowledged leader in creating community consensus to support local, regional and international business.
2013-14 Core Strategies
Objective: Create a positive business environment for new businesses/assist in retention of existing businesses.
Objective: To support or oppose business-related legislation at the Local, County, State and Federal levels.
Objective: To develop effective relationships, build collaborative efforts and share information with public and private entities to help market, support and strengthen the Long Beach community at large.
Objective: To increase Chamber membership and enhance value-added membership benefits, focusing on small business.
Benefits of Chamber Membership
Top Reasons to Join
• 95 percent of your dues is tax-deductible as a business expense under section 501(c)6 of the IRS Code
• Free 50-word company description and logo on our website with a link to your own website
• Free listing in our printed Membership Directory/Referral Guide – 7,500 copies distributed
• Free event notices and press release listings in our bi-monthly electronic newsletter
• Free Small Business Development Center business counseling – on any business topic
• Free member plaque promoting your business to the community
• Free membership in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (a $500 value)
• Free membership in the Ocean Crest Credit Union
• Free and low-cost training & business support through seminars, roundtables and other special events
• Free and low-cost marketing opportunities including ads, email blasts, sponsorships and social media
• Free Ribbon Cutting or Open House Ceremony; or Host a Chamber Mixer
• Monthly Networking events to promote your business including a breakfast, lunch and after-hours mixer
• Member-to-Member Discount Program: promote your business and save money
• Free highlight of your business in the Members Making News segment of our quarterly printed newsletter
• Discounts at participating Long Beach Restaurants (save 10 percent or more)
• Free prescription drug card with average savings around 30 percent
• Save an average of 20 percent on your Office Depot orders
• Access to the Chamber mailing list for your promotional use
• Legislative advocacy: access to city departments and elected officials at all levels of Government
• Meet and network with hundreds of business & community leaders at our special annual events
• Join for two years and receive 20 percent off your second year dues – plus additional benefits worth $450!
For a full list of member benefits, visit www.lbchamber.com/chamberinformation/member_benefits
Stay Connected & Stay Informed
Government Affairs Council
International Business Association
Women’s Business Council
Green Business Council
Publications & e-News:
Quarterly Printed “Your Advocate” Newsletter
Online “Chamber Express” Newsletter
LongBeachAdvocacy.biz “Strictly Business” Legislative e-alerts
Special Events & Networking
Shaun Lumachi Memorial Golf Classic
State of the County Luncheon
State of Trade & Transportation Luncheon
Living Ethics Every Day
City National Bank Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Luncheon
World Trade Week Luncheon
Breakfasts, Luncheons & Mixers
International Business Association (monthly)
Women’s Business Council (monthly)
Good Morning Long Beach (monthly)
Good Afternoon Long Beach (monthly)
Business After Hours Mixers (monthly)
California Visionary Leaders Luncheon Series
National Visionary Leaders Luncheon Series
Trade Missions for 2014 to Alaska, Croatia, Cuba, Dubai, Italy, Peru and Slovenia