Local School Districts
Barrington 220 Community Unit School District
(847) 381- 6300
Community Unit School District 300
(847) 551- 8300
Lake Zurich Community School District 95
Palatine School District 15
Kildeer Countryside District #96
Adlai E. Stevenson School District #125
Township High School District 211
Wauconda Community Unit School District 118
Barrington Community School District 220 educates nearly 9,000 students from preschool through 12th grade. The district encompasses 72 square miles and 12 villages, covering all of Barrington, Lake Barrington and Tower Lakes and portions of Barrington Hills, Carpentersville, Deer Park, Fox River Grove, Port Barrington, Hoffman Estates and South Barrington. In addition, Barrington 220 is geographically located in four counties: Cook, Lake, McHenry and Kane. The district has one high school, two middle schools, eight elementary schools and one early childhood center.
- Named “Best School District in Illinois” by 24/7 Wall Street in 2018.
- Ranked “Best School District in Illinois for Athletes” by Niche in 2018.
- Schools have received a total of 10 National Blue Ribbon Awards.
- Balanced budget for more than 20 consecutive years.
- One of 93 school districts nationwide to earn AAA bond rating from Standard & Poor’s.
- Offers innovative programs for students including FreshINC, Elementary STEM, Blended Learning, Mobile Apps Development, One-to-World, Project Lead the Way, Business Incubator, BHS-TV, Chinese Immersion and Spanish Dual Language.
The Barrington area also has top-rated private schools such as Elgin Academy, Montessori Children’s House of North Barrington, Noah’s Ark Christian Academy, Quest Academy, St. Anne Catholic School and Trinity Oaks Christian Academy.