With a membership of about 1,200 businesses and organizations, the Fresno Chamber of Commerce is one of the largest chambers in the State of California, in addition to being the largest business organization in the region. While our membership’s diverse body includes businesses of all sizes, corporations, associations and professionals, small businesses represent roughly 80 percent of our membership – leading our team to establish advocacy on their behalf as a central goal.
To promote and support the success of the regional business community through effective advocacy, education and relationship building.
The Fresno Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice and advocate for the business community. The Chamber promotes economic opportunity, business education and successful business relationships throughout the region.
The Chamber is proud to offer its members a variety of features and benefits; including discounts, marketing opportunities and other incentives.
Features and benefits of membership
- Chamber of Commerce membership plaque
- Ribbon cutting and/or grand opening ceremony with photo that will displayed in Chamber Connect, website and social media.
- This Week in Government Affairs video updates
- Listing as a new member in Chamber Connect magazine
- Referrals for business inquiries
- Workshops/seminars to assist in professional development and business growth
- Business development opportunities through participation on any of our Chamber committees and/or programs (Ambassadors, GAC, Leadership Fresno, etc.)
- Legislative e-Alerts
- The opportunity to attend and host Membership Mixers
- Four 940 ESPN Club tickets to a Fresno Grizzlies, Grizzlies souvenir and name recognition on scoreboard (during baseball season) or Four Loge Level tickets at Gateway Ice Center to a Fresno Monsters Hockey Game (during hockey season)
- Discounts on the approximately 15 events held annually
- Advertising in the Membership Directory and Community Guide
- Rental of Chamber rooms, facilities and technology
- Access to Office Depot Chamber Program (Supplies up to 60 percent off)
- Special Chamber subscription offer to The Business Journal
- Wonder Valley Ranch Resort and Conference Center
- Membership at Noble Credit Union
- Employment law compliance materials
Marketing and promotional opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities at Chamber events
- Display of your company’s brochure/information and/or business card in our lobby
- Free coverage of your events and promotions through Chamber eNewsletter
- Your company’s name on the Chamber’s website with a direct link to your site
- Your exciting news, upcoming events and more can be shared with more than 7,000 others through Chamber social media sites
- eBlast opportunities
- Quarterly Chamber Connect magazine
- Weekly Chamber eNews Chamber events
The Fresno Chamber offers a variety of events and programs to reflect our mission and vision, ranging from workshops to monthly networking opportunities.
– Eggs & Issues Breakfast
– Government Affairs Council
– Political Action Committee
– San Joaquin Political Academy
– Junior Board
– Leadership Fresno
– Lunch and Learn
– Small Business University
– Annual Chamber Golf Tournament
– Coffee and Commerce
– Membership Mixers
For more information about our events, visit www.fresnochamber.com or call (559) 495-4800.
Aside from the Fresno Chamber’s small events and programs, we also host five signature events:
Our Agriculture Awards luncheon is a long-standing tradition where we honor a person from the agriculture community. The luncheon also features the presentation of the Baker Peterson Franklin Ag Business Award, which is given to an agriculture or farming business. The program hosts an array of industry experts who address important agricultural concerns, including the Fresno County Farm Bureau’s State of Agriculture.
Annual Golf Tournament
Spend a day swinging your clubs on the green before enjoying a first-class dinner at the Chamber’s annual golf tournament. Our unique tournament features several hole-in-one opportunities totaling $100,000 and a chance to win a brand-new Lexus. Everyone is a winner – the weather is perfect and the time is always right for a great game of golf.
State of the City Luncheon
Every year, the Fresno Chamber presents the annual State of the City Luncheon with the mayor of Fresno. This summer event provides a forum for the mayor to share the city’s accomplishments, opportunities and future plans with the community.
State of the County Luncheon
The annual State of the County Luncheon serves as a forum for the board of supervisors to highlight the county’s accomplishments and outline a foundation for the future.
Valley Business Awards Luncheon
The Valley Business Awards Luncheon celebrates the backbone of our community, our business leaders and entrepreneurs. Celebration includes the honoring of the Leon S. Peters Award recipient, named after one of Fresno’s most generous and benevolent community leaders, along with several awards in entrepreneurship, including the Harold Zinkin Award, the Rising Star Award and both the High School and College Entrepreneur Awards. Enhance commerce through community stewardship
The Chamber is the front door of community stewardship and we work in collaboration with many other community organizations to enhance businesses, including:
- Building Industry Association
- California State University, Fresno (Fresno State)
- California Apartment Association, Fresno Chapter
- California Restaurant Association, Fresno Chapter
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Center for Advanced Research and Technology
- Central California Hispanic Chamber
- Clovis Chamber of Commerce of Commerce
- Downtown Fresno Partnership
- Fresno County Economic Development Corporation
- Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation
- Fresno Business Council
- Fresno Compact
- Fresno/Clovis Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Fresno Council of Governments
- Fresno County Farm Bureau
- Fresno County Office of Education
- Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Fresno Housing Authority
- Fresno Leading Young Professionals
- Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce
- Fresno Regional Development Investment Board
- Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Consulate of Mexico, Fresno
- Reedley Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Jobs Initiative
- Small Business Administration
- State Center Community College District
- State Center Consortium
- Tree Fresno
Fresno Chamber advocates on behalf of business
One of the main goals of the Fresno Chamber is to be active in local, state and federal issues that impact business. The Chamber has two thriving programs in place to engage in the governmental and political processes and advocate for business needs:
The Government Affairs Council (GAC) analyzes proposed bills, initiatives and business-related issues at monthly meetings that are open to the public. Meetings are attended by local elected officials, as well as state and federal legislators and/or staff representatives. Each year the GAC takes a position on a large number of proposed state bills and dozens of local and federal issues. Grassroots advocacy includes writing letters to elected officials, tracking how our representatives vote, speaking out at city council and board of supervisor meetings and being the most influential voice of the business community in Central California.
Members are encouraged to communicate their government-related issues to the GAC to see if the Chamber can step in to help. Anyone who is interested in learning what is going on in the community is welcome to listen and participate in the spirited conversations at GAC meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month at noon. The meetings serve as a great way to keep tabs on government issues, which are constantly evolving.
The Political Action Committee (PAC) recruits and supports qualified candidates who share the Chamber’s mission of promoting business and enhancing the economic and cultural well-being of Fresno County’s residents. The PAC raises money and donates directly to candidates as well as conducting independent expenditures in key races. Look for the “sample ballot” to see the full slate of Chamber endorsements before you head to cast your vote. Ensuring the right candidates get into office strengthens our ability to work together in the future.
Becoming a member of the Chamber means joining our fight for business at all levels. However, your membership is also full of perks that will save you time and money while also helping your organization grow.