Health and Wellness in Pekin, Illinois
Committed and comfortable, the wide variety of physicians, surgeons, dentists, counseling services and assisted living facilities in Pekin ensures maximum care and easy, local access for Pekin residents.
In 2017, Pekin Hospital became affiliated with the nation’s 13th-largest nonprofit health system, UnityPoint Health. The hospital campus joined 38 hospitals and 290 clinics in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. UnityPoint Health – Central Illinois includes three hospital campuses with Pekin and Peoria.
The UnityPoint Health promise to the Pekin community is a commitment to provide convenient comfortable care, comprehensive services and specialized physicians and surgeons for an increased access to care.
UnityPoint Health – Pekin
600 S. 13th St. • Pekin
(309) 347-1151 • www.unitypoint.org/peoria
For over 100 years, the Pekin campus has prided itself in being a valuable partner in service opportunities for area residents, businesses and surrounding communities.
UnityPoint Health physicians and medical staff are highly credentialed and experienced in a variety of disciplines. The Pekin campus provides inpatient and outpatient services such as neurology, gastroenterology, cardiology, urology, surgery, physical rehabilitation and dialysis.
Key service areas include:
- Imaging: The outpatient imaging center and MRI cater to busy schedules by ensuring quick and efficient care. The two 64-slice CT imaging systems provide high-resolution images for an easy imaging experience for patients. The department offers services in interventional radiology, digital X-ray, fluoroscopy, diagnostic cardiac cath, nuclear medicine and ultrasound.
- Urgent Care: UnityPoint Health Pekin – Urgent Care provides walk-in care seven days a week. The well-respected and experienced medical care team staff the clinic with extended hours for urgent needs.
- For added convenience, a second urgent care location is available off campus in UnityPoint First Care – Pekin located in the new medical office building UnityPoint Health – Pekin East.
- Women’s Health: The Women’s Diagnostic Center is a highly sophisticated health care facility dedicated to offering women local and exceptional care in gold standard breast imaging with 3-D mammography, breast ultrasound, ultrasound breast biopsies and 3-D breast biopsies.
UnityPoint Health – Pekin East
3591 Griffin Ave. • Pekin
The new UnityPoint Health – Pekin East medical office building houses primary care, pediatric and urgent care clinics. In addition to physician services, the building holds 26 exam rooms, two procedure rooms, X-ray and lab services, as well as a community center for health education classes and physician presentations.
- In 2011, Pekin Hospital was one of only 18 hospitals in Illinois and the only hospital in the Pekin, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal and Springfield area to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. The recognition was earned based on data reported about evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
- The Pekin campus is a past recipient of the Lincoln Silver Award for Progress Towards Excellence by the Lincoln Foundation for Performance Excellence, as well as Employer of the Year by the Employers’ Association in the category of 250+ employees.
- Home Health is a past recipient of the Summit Award from Press Ganey Associates, Inc. The annual award is the health care satisfaction industry’s most coveted symbol of achievement and recognizes top-performing facilities that sustain the highest level of customer satisfaction for three or more consecutive years.
UnityPoint Health is committed to providing a superior healthcare experience for every patient, every time.
OSF HealthCare Center for Health
3422 Court St. • Pekin • (309) 477-6000
In 2017, OSF HealthCare Center for Health opened in Pekin. The new state-of-the art facility offers a full range of family medical health services, including advance care planning, asthma management, blood draws, diabetes education and management, electrocardiogram, employment physicals, immunizations, lab services, school physicals, sports physicals and well-baby care.
Also available are diagnostic imaging and outpatient lab services, orthopedics and fracture care, podiatry, rehabilitation, rheumatology, radiation oncology and the OSF Illinois Neurological Institute.
Hopedale Medical Complex
107 Tremont St. • Hopedale
(309) 449-3321 • www.hopedalemc.com
Just south of Pekin, Hopedale Medical Complex is patient centered and community focused. Its mission is “To provide outstanding physician-directed health, wellness and residential services in a personal, private, family atmosphere.”
Hopedale Medical Complex offers virtually the same services as many larger, city hospitals, including: a 24-hour emergency room, intensive care unit, general and vascular surgery departments, orthopedic surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, sports medicine, mammography, open magnetic imaging resonance, computed tomography scanning and many of the new innovative technologies needed for modern medicine.