The Natchitoches Regional Medical Center now offers the community shorter ER waits, new stroke protocols, improved patient safety, a new robotics program, the opening of a walk-in clinic, the opening of a wound care center, a pediatric hospitalist program, enhanced sports medicine services, and greater patient satisfaction for inpatient and outpatient care.
Much of this growth and success is directly tied to the hospital’s vision and goals they put in place two years ago. First, NRMC wants to be in the top percentiles for patient satisfaction compared to national benchmarks. The hospital team uses patient feedback and patient satisfaction scores to measure how well they are doing and has seen significant improvements.
Secondly, the NRMC team wants to one-day become a Top 100 Hospital. This distinction looks at many criteria including in-depth details related to quality of care and customer service. The hospital team has developed outstanding training programs, comprehensive measurement tools, and strong communication initiatives to further improve patient care and service.
NRMC’s third goal is to earn the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award. Only a few hospitals have earned this distinction, and NRMC is working diligently to further develop the processes and accountability needed to achieve this level of excellence.
Above all else, the hospital team is united in its goal to be the kind of hospital patients believe in and recommend to their family and friends. Their vision is not to become the biggest hospital in the state of Louisiana, but to become one of the best.
Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Conveniently located in the heart of Natchitoches, the 96-bed Natchitoches Regional Medical Center offers highly specialized services that include robotic surgery, hyperbaric medicine, total joint replacement and more. Throughout the hospital, associates focus on good clinical outcomes while delivering extraordinary service.
Central to NRMC’s recent successes is its outstanding medical staff. With many specialists from internal medicine to orthopedic surgery, pulmonology, otolaryngology, obstetrics, pediatrics and more, these physicians are committed to improving the health and quality of life of the residents of Natchitoches Parish.
An Integrated Health System
In addition to the hospital, NRMC also provides services at 10 other highly specialized facilities including the following:
- The Courtyard of Natchitoches is a 112-bed skilled nursing facility that provides speech, occupational and physical therapy and a host of amenities including a walking track and beauty shop.
- Natchitoches Assisted Living offers an ideal setting for individuals who may need assistance with daily activities such as medications, bathing, grooming, or escort services. There are several floor plans from studio to two-bedroom apartments with full baths and some of the apartments offer full kitchens. Residents who prefer not to cook can enjoy outstanding meals served in the traditional dining room.
- North Natchitoches Medical Clinic offers primary care services for one-year-olds to seniors located in and around Campti, Louisiana, just north of the City of Natchitoches.
- NRMC Walk-In Clinic opened in May 2014 and accepts patients 7 days a week 8 a.m.-8 p.m., no appointment needed.
- NRMC Women’s Health Center offers women of all ages a continuum of care including annual physicals, obstetrics, gynecology, breast health and other health concerns.
- PRISM Center provides outpatient rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
- Natchitoches Imaging Center has state-of-the-art technology for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illnesses.
- Regional Cardiology Clinic offers a continuum of services including pacemaker and defibrillator care.
- NRMC Comprehensive Wound Care Services opened in 2015 to provide care for chronic wounds. With two hyperbaric medicine chambers, the wound care team treats problem wounds resulting from burns, surgery, diabetes, etc. with the goal to help patients return to a better quality of life, wound-free.
- Northwestern Louisiana Cancer Center provides radiation therapy and chemotherapy for members of the community diagnosed with cancer. This allows patients to remain in the community for their cancer care and close to home.
Employing 700 associates whose salaries, wages and benefits total more than $26 million annually, NRMC makes a significant impact on the area’s economy. Last year, this impact exceeded $95 million. Additionally, NRMC provides more than $43 million in charity and uncompensated care. As such, NRMC plays an important role in the economic sustainability of Natchitoches Parish and joins other businesses in its commitment for strong economic growth and healthy businesses in the region.