There are several acclaimed health care centers and providers in the Friendswood area, ready to assist in sickness and in health.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – formerly Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – has provided comprehensive care to Houston’s Bay Area since 1972. HCA is one of the largest health care providers in the country, made up of 185 locally managed hospitals in 21 states and in the United Kingdom.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, which is located off of I-45 and Bay Area Boulevard in Webster, provides full-service care to patients of all ages. The emergency room is certified as a Level II Trauma Center and includes a dedicated pediatric area supported by pediatric intensivists.
The hospital offers a range of medical services, including neurology (as a Comprehensive Stroke Facility), oncology (as a Comprehensive Cancer Center), women’s and children’s services (via high-risk obstetrical care, a level IIIb NICU, a pediatric ICU, and more), mammography and imaging services through Solis Mammography, and a variety of complex surgeries.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is also an accredited chest pain center. Its onsite Heart & Vascular Hospital is the only dedicated heart hospital South of Houston and is one of the only facilities outside of the Texas Medical Center offering TAVR, a minimally invasive alternative to open-heart surgery.
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital provides a full range of healthcare services and is a leader in several service areas, including stroke care, cancer care, orthopedics and sports medicine and women’s health.
The acute care facility offers almost 180 beds and more than 600 doctors on staff, including specialists.
With a Chest Pain Center accredited by the American College of Cardiology, hospital staff delivers the highest level of care to patients displaying signs of a heart attack. The hospital is also certified as a Primary Stroke Center.
The hospital recently changed its name from Houston Methodist St. John to better reflect the area it serves.
Houston Physicians’ Hospital
Houston Physicians’ Hospital is a physician-owned hospital specializing in surgical services, including joint, spine, sports medicine and robotic surgery. The hospital earned a 5-star rating for patient experience from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, one of only two in the Houston area to achieve such designation.
Other features of Houston Physicians’ Hospital include:
- Joint Solutions Center: An evidence-based program that provides an individualized plan for patients.Mako Robot: The only Mako Robot in Southeast Houston for hip and knee surgery.
- Spine Solutions Center: The center’s program focuses on patient care and clinical outcomes collaboratively designed by surgeons and highly trained clinical staff. The ultimate goal is to have patients resuming normal activity as quickly as possible.
- COOLEIF Treatment: A minimally invasive, non-narcotic procedure that treats chronic back, knee and hip pain and can last up to a year.
- Deep Brain Stimulation: Used to help control the movement symptoms of Parkinson’s, including tremors, slowed movement and stiffness.
- Caring Suite MRI: First and only “Caring Suite” MRI in Southeast Houston that offers an innovative, personalized and stress-relieving approach to diagnostic imaging suite design.
To learn more visit www.houstonphysicianshospital.com.
Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
For more than 30 years, Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital has provided comprehensive care in a variety of medical disciplines at its 293-bed facility, which is next to two medical plaza buildings for clinical offices.
The hospital concentrates primarily on Heart and Vascular services, including cardiac surgery, oncology, orthopedics/joint center, neurosciences, Specialty Surgery including general, bariatric, colorectal, ENT and urology, Women’s and Children’s services, emergency services and the Esophageal Disease center.
Memorial Hermann Southeast is part of the 11-hospital Memorial Hermann system, the largest not-for-profit health system in Southeast Texas.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in the Bay Area
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the world’s largest cancer centers devoted to cancer patient care, research, education and prevention, has provided exceptional care for patients for more than 75 years in the Houston area.
Its League City campus offers diagnosis and treatment for all types of cancers, specializing in medical oncology, radiation oncology and surgical oncology. Patients also have access to diagnostic imaging, lab and infusion treatment services.
In addition to groundbreaking treatment, MD Anderson League City offers patients rehabilitation therapy, cancer pain management, social work, as well as other support services and wellness resources.
Learn more at mdanderson.org/LeagueCity.
UTMB Health provides innovative care close by, with inpatient and outpatient services available at the UTMB Health Clear Lake Campus, League City Campus, and at many primary and specialty care clinics located throughout the Bay Area.
UTMB Health providers, clinics and hospitals are seamlessly connected to one another. As an academic medical center, physicians share knowledge, the most advanced treatment options and leading-edge research, bringing the benefits of academic medicine close to home.
Additional attributes of UTMB Health include:
- Six Urgent Care clinics.
- Four 24/7 emergency departments
- Comprehensive Stroke Center certification.
- A Level I Trauma Center, the very top level for trauma centers.
- Accreditation for the highest level of breast care by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Breast imaging program designated a “Center of Excellence” by the American College of Radiology.
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the top level.
- Magnet Recognition, the highest honor for nursing excellence.
Visit doctors.utmbhealth.com for more information.