A Brief History of Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
1842 – Mount Pleasant organized as a political body. Meetings were held in residents’ homes.
1889 – 17 residents filed a petition to build the first town hall.
1949 – Town Board approves a resolution authorizing a committee to study the feasibility of acquiring land for the second town hall facility.
1953 – Plans were approved for the new Town Hall and authorized the board to proceed.
1955 – Dedication ceremony held for new Town Hall and the first meeting was held. A resolution was also adopted to demolish the former town hall structure.
1965 – Safety building and two fire stations are constructed.
1970 – Ranked second largest town (population) in Wisconsin.
2003 – Town of Mount Pleasant is incorporated into the Village of Mount Pleasant.
2011 – New Mount Pleasant Village Hall & Police Department opens and former site redeveloped into a $35 million retail complex.
2015 – First annual Mount Pleasant Day community event is held to celebrate all things Mount Pleasant.
2018 – Foxconn groundbreaking