The Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce Film Office markets the Tri-Valley region – Livermore, Dublin and Pleasanton and outlying areas – as a film and video location to studio heads, independent and commercial producers and location scouts. It assists local and visiting production companies by providing service before, during and after production.
- Winding roads through hills
- Working ranches & vineyards
- Homes ranging from modest to Tuscany-style elegance
- Largest windmill farm in California
- Quaint neighborhoods and downtowns for “anywhere USA”
- Airports/runways and vacant auto race track
- Outlet mall with largest paving stone project in the country
- Business/industrial parks
- Beautiful lake
- Community college
- One of the largest Hindu Temples in Northern California
- Digital photo library
- Permit assistance
- Highly cooperative government agencies
- Scouting assistance
- No film permits and property search assistance
- 24/7 assistance and plot maps
- Largest sound stage in Northern California
- Local airport that services private jets and helicopters
The vision of the Film Office is to help Livermore and the Tri-Valley area economically and culturally. Location filming can have a huge economic impact on an area and benefits all business from hotels and restaurants to lumber yards and hardware stores to clothing stores and property rentals. The regional economic impact for a feature film based on a 14-week production period is about $14 million; even commercials can drop tens of thousands of dollars in a few day’s time. Location shoots also bring positive and valuable national attention to our area.
Mythbusters, Hemingway and Gellhorn (HBO), Star Trek: Into Darkness, Let it Ride (National Geographic Channel), Discovery Channel, BBC, American Idol, Made, Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge, Honda, Cisco training films, Clorox, Background TV pilot, Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure, My Name is Khan, America’s Most Wanted, Arlen Ness Motorcycles and many more.
Located in the Livermore Valley Chamber office
2157 First St.
Livermore, CA 94550
Jeanie Haigh, Director
(510) 409-6754 (mobile)