Glenna Hollis and Kay Farmer didn’t start out as business partners, but as good friends. Country Dove Gifts and Tea Room was the vision of Glenna, and she asked Kay to see the building with her. Twenty minutes after seeing the building and seeing Glenna’s vision, she and Kay were business partners.
The shop opened in 1983 as a gift shop and five years later the tea room was added along with Christian books and bibles. With a motto of “Peace To All Who Enter Here,” Country Dove Gifts and Tea Room has visitors from around the world coming to enjoy their famous French Silk pie. You’re welcome as a visitor the first time, but you’re a special friend every time after that.
Building to last
Hutton, Inc. began business in 1978 under the name of Quad-Co, for its four pieces of equipment. Today it has over 20 employees and multiple pieces of equipment. Active in dirt work, oilfield rental and metal building construction, it is still run by its two founding members Doug and Sharon Hutton. They believe in not cutting corners, but building projects to last the long term, which has made them a dependable and trustworthy company.
Doug and Sharon’s children, Wendy and Shawn, helped with the company during its beginning years. Shawn went on to start his own business, The Pickup Toy Box, which is next door to Hutton, Inc. Today three of their six grandchildren work at Hutton, Inc., making it a multi-generation company for over 30 years of business in Elk City and the surrounding area.
Anadarko Dozer & Trucking
Anadarko Dozer & Trucking has been providing top quality oilfield trucking and construction services since 1984. Our company is committed to being the “Company of Choice”, by providing quality and dependable service at a competitive price while striving to maintain the highest safety standards.
Anadarko Dozer & Trucking has several divisions: transport services division, a rock hauling division, a heavy equipment division, roustabout division, and a commercial construction division.
Employees remain our most important asset. The company strives to provide a safe, family oriented environment for our employees to learn and develop to their full potential. In 2017 and 2019, Anadarko Dozer was awarded Top Workplaces in Oklahoma. This award is solely based on employee feedback.
History of Paul Jones Drug
In 1901, as Elk City was getting started, one of the first establishments was the Hixon Pharmacy. In 1920, Mr. H.G. Hixon sold the store to Mr. and Mrs. H.M. Gregory. The next year they relocated the store to its present-day site.
Mr. and Mrs. H.M. Gregory continued operation of the store until about 1940, when they sold the store to Mr. and Mrs. Ray Seay, who operated it until a fire destroyed the store and building. Mr. Seay relinquished his lease, and Mr. and Mrs. Gregory rebuilt the store and established the Gregory Drug again. They operated the store until 1950, when they sold the store to Mr. and Mrs. Paul A. Jones. In 1958, he sold an interest to Ivan A. Noakes, another share a few years later to Bryan H. Potter, and in 1966 he sold his remaining interest to two men who continued to operate the store under the name of Paul Jones Drug.
In 1976, Mr. Noakes sold his half to Warren Meader. Mr. Potter sold his interest to Warren and Gina Meader, both pharmacists in 1985. Warren Meador started his career at Paul Jones Drug in 1973. Warren developed a large camera department. Gina Meador began her lengthy career during pharmacy school in 1977 and continues working there today. Rodney Skinner purchased Paul Jones Drug on June 1, 2014 to fulfill his dream of owning his own independent pharmacy.
Davis Printing Company
Printing is more than a business at Davis Printing Company – it’s a family tradition. Ken Davis’ semi-retirement was not in the cards as the boom of the late ’70s and early ’80s made it quite evident that Elk City was in dire need of an additional commercial printing company to meet the demands of the growing population and economy. Ken and his son, Kevin, founded and opened Davis Printing Company on Nov. 10, 1980. The business grew quickly and son, Karsen, joined the firm in 1981. A third generation of the family, Kristopher Davis, is now an active member of the legacy that began in 1948.
The staff is extremely knowledgeable in all phases of the printing business, from idea conception, graphic design to the finished products. The humble beginnings in 1980 are hardly recognizable today in the massive facility that houses new and improved equipment. Thousands of products are offered at the modern family.
Corn Bible Academy
Corn Bible Academy is a private Christian school for grades 7 – 12. Currently, CBA is located in Corn, OK with plans to move to Clinton, OK directly adjacent to Western Oklahoma Christian School once construction is completed on the new school building. CBA is accredited by the state of Oklahoma and Association of Christian Schools International and has influenced the community since 1902, five years before Oklahoma officially became a state. This makes CBA one of the oldest Christian schools west of the Mississippi River.
CBA’s Mission is to provide a Christ-centered environment to help parents train their children to grow in knowledge, strength, spirit, and in relation with God and others. As an education option for local, national, and international students, Corn Bible Academy exists as an evangelical Christian school to provide a Bible-based education to a growing number of Christian families from around the world.