“GPS-ese”: Latitude 42.048480
Elevation 942 feet
Real-time location: Smack dab in the middle of Iowa!
Major highway connections:
• Located along U.S. Route 30 (a major east-west corridor in the state) and Highway 14.
• In close proximity to:
– Iowa Highway 330 (seven miles west).
– Interstates 35 (just 35 miles west) and 80 (just 30 miles south).
Conveniently close to: Marshalltown’s medial locality places it within one-third of Iowa’s populations, with the state’s largest cities (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Waterloo) just 65 miles away and easily accessible.
- Nearby highways are convenient for trucking companies.
- Rail service for freight is handy via the Union Pacific Railroad’s main east-west line.
- Marshalltown Airport supports both corporate and noncommercial aircraft.
- (Operated by Midwest Aviation, a full-service fixed-base operator, their services include fueling and line services, an FAA-certified repair station, an air-taxi operation, flight instruction, examining services, aircraft management and local concierge services.).
- Commercial air service is available just an hour away at either the Des Moines International Airport or Cedar Rapids’ Eastern Iowa airport.
In 2017, Alliant Energy finished construction of the new Marshalltown Generating Station, a highly efficient, state-of-the art, cost-competitive natural gas facility. This $645 million award-winning project brings an abundant power supply to Marshalltown and the Central Iowa area, providing clean energy for 500,000 homes and businesses.
- In the middle of a major fiber optics loop.
- Connected with Iowa
- Communications Network.
- SONET ring redundancy.