The Matagorda Regional Medical Center (MRMC) Foundation has been working to improve the health of our community since 2004. The foundation is the fundraising arm for the MRMC, and as a nonprofit,
501c3 organization, all contributions are tax-deductible. Its mission is to build community relationships and obtain funding to support MRMC in delivering quality and compassionate healthcare.
“As a native Matagorda County girl and having served as head of this organization for the last 10 years, I continue to be humbled by the giving spirit of this city, county and region,” said Tiffany Foltyn, executive director of the MRMC Foundation.
The foundation has a long and impressive history directly supporting the health and well-being of the local community through fundraising. From educational programs to much-needed medical equipment, the foundation is a powerful partner in community health.
Over the last 10 years, the MRMC Foundation has contributed over $2 million dollars towards the enhancement of health care offered at MRMC. Some of its more recent accomplishments and equipment purchases made possible by generous giving include:
- CT scan machine (The only one of its caliber in the region)
- 3-D mammography
- $1 million contribution to the MRMC Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Datascope Patient Monitoring System for PACU Unit
- Integrated operating room system with or lights
- New beds for all patient rooms
- Endoscopy suite equipment
- Glidescope and portable vascular testing system
- Women’s Center monitoring equipment
- Mammotome breast biopsy system and work stations
- Prodigy Pro Bone Densitometer
- Golf cart for the MRMC campus
The 2019-2020 fundraising season is already off to a tremendous start as the community is rallying around new instrumentation for emergency helicopters and an upgraded infant security system.
“On behalf of the foundation board, we would like to extend our utmost gratitude to all of our donors for their continuous support,” Foltyn said. “We are proud of the community relationships we have formed and will continue to raise funds to support Matagorda Regional Medical Center in delivering top-notch health care to our community.”
To learn more about the MRMC Foundation, contact Executive Director Tiffany Foltyn at (979) 241-5534.