Parker Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
The Parker Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tourism works tirelessly on behalf of its members and the community and has been doing so for 65 years. The Chamber provides educational tools to members and businesses, offers resources to citizens, and serves as the county’s only official Arizona local visitor information center.
Business networking, visibility, and sponsorship opportunities are available year-round. Monthly mixers, business education, display of collateral materials in the visitor center, and priority referrals to member businesses from visitors and community members to places of business is a direct benefit of membership.
These welcoming individuals can be seen at mixers and every event the Parker Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tourism is involved with. They are the volunteer group that operates as an arm of the Chamber, known as Chamber ambassadors.
The ambassadors’ function is to provide event support, promote and judge the Community Beautification Awards for residential and commercial improvements, promote and judge holiday decorating contests, and provide awards for those events. Their use of funds has been awards for the aforementioned ambassadors’ events, purchase of equipment for the Chamber—such as the passport PA system—and repair that equipment when necessary. They also donate to the Blake School Water Day at the end of the school year. Their source of funding has been tips from the mixers. However, they have been collecting aluminum cans from the mixers and will be exercising their creativity in future funding for their projects.
The group is growing and they are looking for more volunteers. If interested, please call the Chamber at 928-669-2174 for more information. tInformation in this article was provided by the Parker Area Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tourism.
- Referral to thousands of annual customers, both visitors and locals
- Networking opportunities with individuals and businesses at monthly mixers and annual events
- Insertion of fliers in monthly newsletters
- Assistance with grand-opening and/or ribbon-cutting ceremonies
- A display with business cards and brochures in visitors’ center
- Member-to-member discounts
- A membership plaque that clearly shows customers that a business is an important part of Parker’s community
- A voice in important decisions affecting local business environment
- A free monthly copy of the Chamber Perspective, the official e-newsletter of the Parker Area Chamber of Commerce
- Access to free business educational seminars