Rolling Meadows Park District takes fun seriously. In 2018, the district celebrates serving the community for 60 years. Recreational activities are offered year-round. Some of the many recreational facilities located within the district include:
- Eleven parks with various amenities including lit ball-fields and tennis courts, soccer fields, picnic sites and bike/walking paths.
- The Nelson Sports Complex featuring an indoor ice arena, fitness center, gymnastics center and outdoor pool.
- The Community Center, which offers a variety of general and sports, programs from dance to basketball as well as a seniors center and the preschool.
- William B. Fosser’s Opera in Focus, a puppet opera theater at Park Central.
- West Meadows Ice Arena, which features a NHL- size indoor rink.
Rolling Meadows Park District is your hockey headquarters. The park district’s two ice arenas operate 12 months a year, seven days a week. There are instructional and league hockey for Hockey Tots and Pre-Mites through the Rolling Meadows Men’s Adult Hockey League. The annual Ice Show, a 45-year community tradition is held in April, children enrolled in Learn-to-Skate and Free Style classes perform as groups or individuals and the world champion Chicago Jazz teams display their talents.
The Rolling Meadows Park District offers many rental facilities. Whether it is a birthday party, a shower, meeting or reception, the park district offers two banquet halls, an auditorium, gym space, outdoor picnic pavilions, and an assortment of smaller rooms. For more information regarding rentals, visit rmparks.org.