Letter from Muskego- Norway School District Superintendent
In Muskego-Norway School, we love what we do, believe that it matters and strive to make a difference for those we serve. Our mission is “Every Student Learning, Growing … Succeeding.” We bring our mission to life each and every day across our system through the efforts of many hard working, engaged staff who cultivate a learning environment that personalizes, nurtures and holds students to rigorous expectations.
We are committed to providing a high-achieving student learning environment; an environment that attracts, develops and retains high-impact staff; a district worthy of strong community support; an effective system-wide continuous improvement approach; and long-term financial sustainability and resource stewardship. Our commitment to a journey toward excellence has brought:
- A 5 Star, “Significantly Exceeds Expectations,” ranking for three consecutive years from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Two National “Blue Ribbon School” awards from the U.S. Department of Education.
- A “Mastery Level” ranking from the WI Forward Award, Performance Excellence, for our process aligned work environment.
- A “Top Workplace” award for two consecutive years along with “Most Meaningful” and “New Ideas” recognition from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
What sets our district apart from others is the unique aspects of the constant and positive involvement of our parents, school board members and community stakeholders. Their involvement, coupled with a dynamic staff across all workforce sectors, provides a recipe for success for all of our students in Muskego-Norway. With gratitude,
Dr. Kelly Thompson
Muskego-Norway School District Muskego-Norway School District
(262) 971-1800 | www.muskegonorway.org
Bay Lane Elementary
Lakeview Elementary – Wind Lake
Lake Denoon Middle School
Mill Valley Elementary School
Muskego High School
Muskego Lakes Middle School
Mukwonago Area School District – Big Bend
(262) 363-6300 | www.masd.k12.wi.us
Big Bend Elementary
Mukwonago High School
TOWN OF NORWAY & WIND LAKE SCHOOLS
For school options, visit www.townofnorway.org/community/education
Parochial and private schooling options abound in our community. Excellence in academics, faith-based education and opportunities for special skills training are embraced by numerous families. The following groups are dedicated to helping your child grow academically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually.
Christ Lutheran School, Big Bend
(262) 662-3355 | www.christbigbend.com
Hales Corners Lutheran School, Hales Corners
(414) 529-6700 | www.hcl.org
St. Leonard Elementary School, Muskego
(262) 679-1773 | www.stleonards.org
St. Joseph Catholic School, Big Bend
(262) 662-2832 | www.stjoesbb.com
St. Mary Parish School, Hales Corners
(414) 425-3100 | www.stmaryhc.org
St. Paul’s Lutheran Elementary
(414) 422-0320 | www.stpmuskego.org
Waukesha County Christian Home Educators (WCCHE Homeschoolers)
EDUCATION & MENTORING PARTNERS
The Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce Education & Mentoring Committee partners with education professionals and families to offer business experience, opportunities and education to students. In collaboration with Muskego-Norway schools, the committee provides:
- Business presentations and volunteer judges for a variety of skills, conferences and classes.
- Career Bus tours where students visit area businesses to learn about manufacturing, professional, retail and service careers.
- The #MentoringMyWorkforce Initiative where business professionals mentor students to help develop positive, career-driven citizens who are ready to enter the workforce.
- Muskego High School activities where business members participate in mock interview, career fairs and mentoring moments.
In addition, the Education & Mentoring Committee is available to area schools and students for collaboration and educational experiences. We also offer annual Student Volunteer Scholarships ($1,000) every spring to high school seniors (public, private or homeschooled) who reside in the Muskego Chamber’s area. Applications are online at www.muskego.org/pages/ChamberScholarship1.