What is the Streamwood Chamber of Commerce?
Formed in 1981 by community business leaders, the Streamwood Chamber is a non-profit business association working to ensure Streamwood remains a great place to live, work and play and to create an environment where businesses can succeed.
WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO?
Chamber members are volunteers who work together to provide a wealth of promotional, networking and educational opportunities for the benefit of all the members. The Chamber also acts as an advocate for business at the local legislative level and at the state level through its membership in the Illinois Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, chamber members and staff help to make the community aware of the activities, services and businesses available in our area and encourage the use of Chamber member services and products.
What are the benefits of a Chamber membership?
Membership in the Streamwood chamber is a great way to meet fellow business people and local politicians. Networking and promotional opportunities spread the name of your brand and message. Participating on committees and boards provides leadership training and further gets your name and your business “known”. Seminars and workshops provide excellent training for new and established businesses. We also collaborate with neighboring chambers on events to provide an even broader reach for your membership investment.
Who can join the Chamber?
Membership is open to all who do business in, and adjacent to, Streamwood or who have an interest in the welfare and promotion of our Village. This includes for-profit businesses as well as nonprofit, (fraternal, philanthropic, charitable) groups and civic members (individuals who want to be involved in the Chamber and community who do not have business ties).
Who runs the Chamber?
The Streamwood Chamber is run by its members and answers only to its members. A board of directors, elected from the membership, governs the Chamber and establishes direction, sets policy and determines the activities of the Chamber. Directors are elected from the membership and all are volunteers. The directors elect officers of the board. A volunteer executive director and a volunteer executive assistant handle the day-to-day operation of the Chamber.
Who funds activities of the Chamber?
The membership funds the activities of the Chamber with a combination of dues and other income-producing events and activities. The Chamber is not funded by any municipal tax dollars or grants.
Chamber Benefits Summary
- Networking Opportunities – including introductions to community leaders and VIPs
- Business and Training Seminars and Workshops
- Organized Social Activities
- Promotional Opportunities at Chamber Events
- Free links to your business information on the Chamber Website
- Discounted member vendor rates at business expos and events
- Referrals from Chamber staff and fellow Chamber members
- Leadership opportunities on Chamber committees and Board of Directors
- Joint activities with other area Chambers of Commerce
- Connections with like-minded business individuals
- Reports on state legislation through the Chamber’s membership with the Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Discount rates for Constant Contact
- Online training on a host of subjects for you or your employees – some with certificates
- Increased exposure for “Premier Plus” members
- Advertising E-Blasts through the Chamber’s email service