BNA Vision for Nashville International Airport
By 2041, the population of the Greater Nashville Area is expected to surpass 2.5 million people, and Nashville International Airport (BNA) passenger traffic will grow from 15 million today to more than 23 million. BNA Vision is the dynamic expansion plan designed to get in front this growth and maintain Nashville International as a world-class airport. BNA Vision is the type of innovative undertaking and bold planning that is needed to accommodate Middle Tennessee’s booming population and the airport’s record-breaking passenger increases.
Nashville International Airport’s New Parking and Transportation Center Boasts:
- Six levels and 2,200 parking spaces.
- First floor to be a Ground Transportation Center for commercial vehicles.
- Parking Space Guidance System.
- EV charging stations.
- Tire inflation station.
- Capacity for 20,000 gallons of rain water harvesting for landscape irrigation.
- Green-screen vegetation wall.
- Pursuing Parksmart Bronze Certification for sustainable design, construction and operation.
Terminal Apron And Taxi-Lane Expansion
This project will accommodate construction of the new International Arrivals facility (opening in 2023) and will include paving to add space for aircraft parking and maneuvering when the facility is completed. The anticipated completion date is summer 2019 for Phase 1 and 2023 for Phase 2. It will include more than 500,000 square feet (13+ acres) of additional space and will require in excess of 62,000 dump truck loads to fill in a 50-foot depression.
Concourse D And Terminal Wings Expansion
BNA Vision will revive and expand Nashville International Airport’s fourth concourse, Concourse D, as well as enlarge the existing ticketing lobby and baggage claim areas. Estimated to be open during summer 2020, it will consist of:
- A 115,000-square-foot Concourse D.
- Six domestic aircraft gates to increase capacity to attract new airlines and services.
- Dining and retail options.
- A central utility plant.
- 200,000 square feet of new space added to the north and south ends of the terminal.
- Expanded ticketing lobby.
- Four new baggage claim carousels.
Terminal parking garage and airport administrative office building
This project will include a six-level parking garage near the terminal, a new office building and public plaza that will consist of:
- A 3,000-space terminal parking garage, which will be built in part of the footprint of the existing short-term parking garage (set for demolition later this year).
- A 64,000-square-foot airport administrative office building, which will replace the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority’s existing office space on the fourth floor of the terminal, and provide space for the Transportation Security Administration and other airport services.
- A plaza on the fifth level. Completion of the parking garage is anticipated in late 2019, and the office building is scheduled for completion in Fall 2020.
Terminal lobby renovation and International Arrivals facility
This project will provide travelers an expanded and visually engaging central terminal, as well as a state-of-the-art International Arrivals facility that will replace the existing Interim International Arrivals building. The 440,000-square-foot project will include:
• A terminal lobby, renovations to existing central terminal space and addition of a state-of-the-art International Arrivals facility.
• Addition of sweeping roof canopy.
• Expanded and consolidated security
checkpoint with up to 24 screening lanes.
• New central marketplace.
• Natural light and compelling views of
The expanded and upgraded International Arrivals facility will include:
• Six international gates to accommodate
rising demand for international service,
and attract new service to and from
Europe, Asia, Latin America and more.
• A new Customs and Border
For more information, visit