The Chamber of Commerce was incorporated on April 12, 1948 due to the efforts of Lott Hare, Emil Johnson, Emil Novak, and William Worley.
These founding members were local businessmen who felt strongly about promoting the advantages that Villa Park businesses could offer. They stated their mission, which is still in use today: Shop Villa Park First!
The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial and civic interests of the village of Villa Park and its vicinity.
The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce moved into the former Chicago-Aurora-Elgin Railway Ardmore Avenue Train Station on January 1, 1985. The train station was built in 1910 using boulders from the construction of the Chicago-Aurora Elgin Railway.
The former station, located at 10 West Park Boulevard was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 1980, and was recognized in 2004 by the Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission as having significant historic value to the Village of Villa Park, the State of Illinois, and the entire Country.