From adult literature and reference materials to digital media, DVDs, specialized databases, programs, entertainment, and technology, top-shelf public library services are close at hand.
In addition to expansive collections of books, periodicals, and media, the Villa Park Public Library offers patrons access to a number of computers with Internet access, free Wi-Fi, and much more.
Meeting the informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs of the citizens of Villa Park since opening its doors in 1928 with just 400 books, the Villa Park Public Library has grown from a tiny one-room facility to encompass 22,800 square feet in its current building.
In the beginning, Women’s Club members began a door-to-door campaign, pulling little red wagons down the street to collect books from neighbors for the new library. Today’s library houses much more than books, with offerings embracing the digital age of technology to include e-books, digital reference pages and databases, web-based resources, Wi-Fi and wireless printing capabilities, and a computer center.
- Books • DVD movies • Music CDs
- Audiobooks on CD or Playaway • Video games
- Daily newspapers, magazines • iPads & tablets
COMPUTERS & INTERNET
- Computer center • Free Wi-Fi
- Downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, videos & more
- Computer classes • Fax, copier & scan service
- Richard & Rae Srch Digital Media Lab
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- Adult, family and youth programs that promote literacy and encourage life-long learning
- Mary Alice Ohrman program, meeting room, conference room, group collaboration room, and study rooms
- Voter registration • Notary public
- Delivery/pick-up of materials for homebound patrons
VILLA PARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
305 S. Ardmore Ave. • Villa Park, IL 60181
Phone: (630) 834-1164 • Fax: (630) 834-0489
Youth Services: (630) 834-1176 • www.vppl.info
Hours: Monday through Thursday – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday – 1 to 5 p.m., Labor Day through Memorial Day
(Closed summer Sundays)