Welcome to Waterloo! We are delighted to have you join us, whether for the day or for a lifetime. Our beautiful city is one of the safest in the country and our dedication to preserving our history and charm make it one of the most desirable in the region.
The Waterloo Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1929 to support the local businesses within our community. Through the years, we’ve expanded, purchased a building space, hired an executive director and continue to grow within our community. As a privately funded organization, we work directly for our chamber members and provide opportunities to increase their visibility within the community.
We are committed to the future generations of our community and do so by recognizing youth volunteerism annually at the MayFest. We also award two high school scholarships annually, and invest in the Monroe County CEO program.
If you are a business owner either located in Monroe County or doing business in Monroe County, you are eligible to join the Waterloo Chamber of Commerce and we welcome you to do so!
We encourage and thank you for shopping local. When you choose local, you reinforce the very fibers of our community.
– Written by Jenny Bullock
Why Join the Chamber?
The Waterloo Chamber of Commerce works toward building community and supporting business. Our members benefit through the following efforts:
The Waterloo Chamber of Commerce serves within the community to enhance the quality of life for our citizens. Some of the events/programs we host, co-host or sponsor are:
- Trivia Night
- Porta Westfalica Festival
- Christmas Lamppost Decorating Contest
- Downtown Beautification
- Two annual high school scholarships
- Employment opportunities
- Relocation packets
- Street maps
- Supporting Business
Our goal at the Waterloo Chamber is to partner with our members by providing opportunities for you to promote and market your business! To this end, we offer the following member-only benefits:
Your business listing, including a link to your website and map with directions to your business, on www.enjoywaterloo.com
- Offer Chamber member discounts
- Promote your upcoming events
- Submit photos of your business
- Be our featured Business Spotlight
- Monthly membership meetings – a great networking opportunity
- Access to great speakers and business topics
- Your business listing in our print edition annual business directory
- Ribbon cuttings and ground breakings
- Training opportunities
- Host or co-host a Business After Hours event
- Committee/board participation
- Discounted rates for Chamber events
- Inclusion of your business information in our relocation packets
- Business referrals
- Opportunity to sponsor events throughout the year
- Social media sharing
- Promotion of your job opportunities
All of these benefits are included in your annual investment!
We invite you to invest in your business by investing in us – it’s a win-win!