Where is Corvallis, Oregon
Corvallis is in the heart of the Willamette Valley and is bordered by the Willamette River to the east and Mary’s River to the south. It is conveniently located 10 miles from I-5 with connections directly to highways U.S. 20, OR 34 and OR 99. Corvallis is an hour from ocean beaches and two-and-a-half hours from skiing.
- Average commute time: 15 minutes
- Area within city limits: 13.81 square miles
- Street miles within city limits: 181.65
- Fixed route transit services serve Corvallis and Philomath
- Commuter shuttle service between Corvallis and Albany
- Ten miles to I-5 on four-lane highway OR 34
- Located at the junction of highways U.S. 20, OR 34 and OR 99W
- Freight train service
- Municipal Airport
Main runway (#1735): 5900’ x 150’
Second runway (#927): 3335’ x 75’
- 10 miles to passenger train service (Albany)
- Inter-modal container facility (Port of Portland): 93 miles
- Marine port: 59 miles
Air service is a priority for our region’s economic vitality and the Eugene Airport can connect you to the world. Four commercial air carriers provide direct service to Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Medford, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Seattle. Located 36 miles south on highway OR 99W, the airport is served by Allegiant Air, Delta Connection, Horizon Air and United Express.
Airport Administration (541) 682-5430 www.flyeug.com
At 235 feet above sea level, the climate in Corvallis is mild. Average high temperature in winter is 40 degrees Fahrenheit and in the upper 80s in the summer. Average rainfall is 40 inches per year. Snow is unusual on the valley floor, averaging one inch or less per year in Corvallis.
- Interstate 5 10 miles • 12 min.
- Portland International Airport 95 miles • 1 hour, 43 min.
- Eugene International Airport 36 miles • 51 min.
- Portland Metro 83 miles • 1 hour, 30 min.
- San Francisco, CA 570 miles • 9 hours
- Seattle, WA 260 miles • 4 hours, 15 min.
- Pacific Ocean 52 miles • 1 hour
- Ski resorts 98.5 miles • 2 hours, 37 min.