Incorporated in 1914, the Joliet Region Chamber of Commerce & Industry was established to serve as the collective voice initiating action for the betterment of the entire community. The Chamber’s current mission reflects these same goals: “to advance the interests of business, professional, and service organizations in the Joliet region, acting as their voice in governmental and social affairs, communicating and servicing their needs, and thereby enhancing the business environment and the local quality of life.”
The Chamber’s board of directors, elected by the membership, sets Chamber policy regarding all phases of the organization’s internal and external programs. A full-time, professional staff carries out the day-to-day administration of the organization. Member businesses work together through the volunteer committees to carry out the goals and objectives set by the board of directors. This Chamber partnership serves as a support structure for the greater Joliet business community. The effects of this partnership are realized and made visible through the efforts of business people who volunteer their time to serve the Chamber in the divisions, committees and special projects detailed below. All Chamber members are invited to take advantage of this partnership and to participate in the Chamber’s program and activities.
- Advertising opportunities
- Resident Connect Program: An inexpensive and effective way for your business to be among the first to welcome new area residents.
- Vision: A variety of ways to advertise in monthly newsletters sent to all Chamber members.
- Profile/Membership Directory: Classified by products/services offered.
- City map: Updated street map of Joliet with member advertising opportunities.
- Business listings on the Chamber website at www.jolietchamber.com.
- Membership labels, lists and reports: Available to Chamber members for direct marketing.
- Referral service: Member business information provided by category in response to thousands of inquiries each year.
- Participate in various Chamber and community programs.
Chamber and community programs
- Business/Community Expo: A two-day opportunity to display your products and/or services to the business community and community at large.
- Education opportunities
- Community Leadership School: An opportunity for employees of member businesses to be informed and challenged about key topics and issues facing the Joliet region.
- Business-After-Hours: Held at various member locations the last Thursday of each month from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Business Showcase: Hosting opportunity for new, newly renovated or expanded businesses.
- Monthly luncheons or breakfasts: “Hot Topics” presented each month.
- Annual golf outing: Networking event for members and community business people.
- New member orientation: Quarterly receptions giving new members an opportunity to network with each other and meet the Chamber staff.
- New Orleans North: Street Festival the second Friday every June. Joliet brings the music, food and fun of New Orleans to downtown for all to enjoy.
- Fiesta En LaCalle: Celebrating Mexican Independence Day with a festival that brings music, food, dancing and fun to the streets of downtown Joliet.
- Council for Working Women: Division of the Chamber promoting opportunities for women in the region and supporting activities in which will enhance the abilities of women.
- Joliet Area Young Professionals: Division of the Chamber providing networking, professional development, and community service opportunities for those between 21-40 years of age.
- Alianza De Negocios: Division of the Chamber acting as a catalyst for business development in the Latino community locally and regionally by empowered business owners, potential business owners and professionals for the creation of greater prosperity.
- African American Business Association: Division of the Chamber advocating for the creation, growth, and general welfare of African American businesses throughout the Joliet region, while fostering economic development in the African American community of the Joliet region.
- Springfield Drive-Down: Meetings with state legislative leaders each spring.
- Washington Fly-In: Meetings with congressional leaders on Capitol Hill each fall.
- Unified voice: Opportunity provided on business matters with the City Council, the State Legislature and Congress.
- ATHENA Award: Annual award acknowledging outstanding leadership.
- Business awards: Annual presentation to service, retail/wholesale, small manufacturer/small industry, and financial service/real estate categories.
- Relocation Inquiries: Packets mailed to new or prospective residents to introduce them to our community and our member businesses. Included are member lists of restaurants/lounges, motels/hotels, realtors/appraisers, and medical facilities.
- Product/service inquiries: Members-only business referrals.
- Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide: 1,500 directories are distributed annually to members and non-members.
- Brochure/information racks: Display area provided to members for written materials and brochures.
- Tax deduction: Chamber membership is 98 percent deductible as a business expense.
- Website: Business listings, Chamber and community information at www.jolietchamber.com.
- Employee involvement: Employee participation in Chamber events and programs provides exposure within the business community and demonstrates your support for the community in which you do business.
- Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express: Credit cards accepted as payment for all services.
Chamber member services
- The Chamber office is a primary information source for members, visitors and residents. The staff continuously refers customers and clients to members who provide the requested products and services. In addition, the following services are available in the Chamber office to members and qualifying non-members.
- Advertising in Chamber publications
- Certification of export documents
- Grand opening open house materials & planning
- Membership labels and disks
- Promotional materials
- Website member listings
- Census data
- Telephone directories
- City map
- Membership directory/buyer’s guide
- Monthly newsletter
- Relocation packets
- Sales tax charts