As the fastest growing city in the state, it’s easy to see why Leander is such a great place to live, work, and play. Leander offers Texas Hill Country living near the Austin metropolitan area. Scenic landscapes, abundant wildlife and waterways are common sights enjoyed by Leander residents and visitors.
- The Capital Metro Rail Center, Leander is the only city outside of Austin on the metro rail.
- Access to the Hill Country and proximity to Austin creates many opportunities for artistic, entertainment and recreational pursuits.
- The highly acclaimed Leander Independent School District
- San Gabriel Campus of Austin Community College is located in the heart of Leander.
- Leander is also served by a growing number of medical centers including St. David’s Emergency Center (with hospital in development), Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, Austin Regional Clinic, and Baylor Scott & White.
Location, climate, population, strong government and economic development, excellent schools, transportation and low taxes, combined with sincere Texas hospitality, all contribute to the popularity Leander continues to enjoy in both residential and commercial growth.
Location:22 miles North of Austin, Texas in the Texas Hill Country
Climate:Jan Temp 40 to 60 F; Apr Temp 58 to 78 F;Jul Temp 73 to 86F; Oct Temp 60 to 81 F
Annual Precipitation:33.6 inches