Attracting new businesses, helping existing ones grow and developing successful businesses are among the most important tasks of any city government as municipalities seek to attract employers, tax revenue and merchants and services to serve its residents.
The City of Rolling Meadows enjoyed a series of economic development successes during 2017 and is on track to repeat that success in 2018. Changes have been plentiful. In fact, 55 new businesses came to Rolling Meadows in 2017.
While all businesses in the city are important, listed below are a few that opened in 2017:
- Arthur J Gallagher & Co. (2850 Golf Rd.)
- Anytime Fitness (3256 Kirchoff Rd.)
- Arlington Dermatology (5301 Keystone Ct.)
- Career Builders (3800 Golf Rd., Ste. 120)
- Illinois Institute of Foot and Ankle (4215 Kirchoff Rd.)
- U-Haul Co. of Illinois (5201 Tollview Dr.)
- Village Bank & Trust (1635 Algonquin Rd.)
In addition, below are listed a few more projects in the works for 2018/2019:
- Northwest Community Healthcare (medical offices, corner of Euclid and Rohlwing)
- School Health Corporation (5600 Apollo Dr.)
- Aloft Hotel (now a Holiday Inn, 3405 Algonquin Rd., slated to open mid 2019)
- Fuller’s Car Wash (2765 Algonquin Rd.)
- Dunkin’ Donuts (1921 Algonquin Rd.)
- Jersey Mike’s Subs (1450 Golf Rd.).
During 2018, a Lexington Homes residential project at 3245 Kirchoff Rd. should be complete. As of January it was reported to the city that 52 of the 54 townhouse-style condominium homes have been sold.
Rolling Meadows’ location between Schaumburg, Palatine and Arlington Heights is very desirable with excellent visibility from and access to both I-90 (Jane Addams Tollway) and Route 53.
In fact, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., the country’s fourth-largest commercial insurance brokerage, settled into its newly-renovated headquarters building at 2850 Golf Rd. during March 2017.
In addition, School Health Corporation, which sells medical and athletic therapy products to public schools nationwide, also announced a move from Hanover Park to a new 112,505-square-foot building being built at 5600 Apollo Dr. in Rolling Meadows (adjacent to I-290).
During September 2017, the city hired a full-time business advocate, Martha Corner, to spearhead its ongoing outreach to local businesses. Corner reports directly to the city manager and works alongside the city’s community development division of public works staff to enhance the City of Rolling Meadows’ business environment.
“All of this activity is a real asset for the City of Rolling Meadows. It is great for jobs and the city’s profile and a very good indicator for the local and national economy,” Corner said. “We are working hard to use whatever vacancies we have to expand the economic activity of Rolling Meadows.
“A big part of my job is helping existing businesses with their marketing and any necessary site work for expansions so that we can keep them in Rolling Meadows,” Corner said.
For more information on city business marketing efforts, including the new Business Messenger quarterly newsletter, business networking events and available commercial properties in the city, contact Corner at (847) 870-9004 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, visit www.cityrm.org.
Top 12 Rolling Meadows Employers
Employer – Employees
- Northrop Grumman Corp – 2,300
- Arthur J. Gallagher – 2,000
- Verizon Wireless – 900
- Ceannate – 750
- Capital One – 600
- CareerBuilder Employment Screening – 500
- Komatsu – 350
- RTC – 300
- Meijer – 300
- A.H. Management Group – 275
- Walmart – 275
- Panasonic – 200